Saturday, April 2, 2011

Noteflight Composition and Review

A Bicycle Built For Two

While there was nothing glaringly wrong with using Noteflight as compositional software, I did not find a user-friendly feature that made it stand out from the crowded market of music computer programs. The note entry functions were average. I would like a faster way to insert chords into the score. Also, it is difficult at times to highlight the specific items that need revision once the score has been finished. Editing and deleting take a bit more time and patience than other programs I have used before. I do like the layout of the program. It is visually appealing, and all of the tools are readily available at your fingertips.

Even though I will probably not use this software for myself when composing music, I do like the idea of creating music that is available for all to see and use on the web. The idea that students could collaborate on projects with each other, or professional musicians intrigues me, and I would like to experiment with that in my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment